Monday, April 7, 2014

The Brokenhearted

I did everything in my power to show you I am the one
I bought you gifts, I gave you things, and now you say we are done

I gave you every part of me, body, soul, and mind
The things I did with you, and for you, left our hearts intertwined

Don't you feel what I feel? You act like you don't care
These tears don't phase you? Look at me cry! This treatment isn't fair

Don't you realize you've shattered my heart? You threw it on the floor
I'm only in love, won't you listen to me? How can you choose to ignore?

What can I do to prove to you that you need me like I need you?
What can I change? What can I say? Somehow I've got to get through

Something must be wrong with me, my appearance might need to change
I must have done something wrong, How did I cause this estrange?

You're all I've ever wanted, from the beginning I needed your love
Now you deny me after all I've done, it's my love you're letting go of

My heart is filled with sadness, life is no longer a prize
My soul is heavy, my body is weak, tears inhabit my eyes

This pain is too much for one person to handle alone
You won't come over, you've quit answering your phone

The love I poured out was misplaced and abused
I lost myself in you, now I'm torn and confused

This sorrow I feel is too much to bare
You've left me with pain, and a blank stare

I gave you my all but it wasn't reciprocated
The end of you and me was never anticipated

You were my life, but now my life is gone
There's no other reason for me to hold on

No comments:

Post a Comment