Friday, November 18, 2011

I'd Rather Feel High Than Low

I will try to explain this to you

Although I don't fully understand it myself

The urges I get for the things that I do

Cause me to put what's important on the shelf

Sometimes I feel like I'm flying

But I can't seem to get high enough

Other times I feel like I'm dying

I make hasty decisions off the cuff

I've been so hurt that the pain I cannot bare

How can I go on and act as if I am fine?

To deal with this trauma sober, I shall not dare

The best way I can handle it is to incline

Do not attempt to stop me

I hate feeling shackled down

The best thing to do is let me be

I don't mind being the talk of the town

When I am in the streets I feel so free

Certain things I've done I am not proud of

I enjoy the lifestyle I live to a certain degree

Don't judge me for going after what I think I love

This isn't my fault, but you could never understand

This life was unavoidable in so many ways

Maybe things would be different if I had a helping hand

Maybe if somebody cared I could see better days

The feeling I get from it is indescribable

I don't have a care in my life

My connection to it is indefinable

I have rebelled just as Lot's wife

My actions are reckless

My behavior is destructive

One day I will end up breathless

Everything I do is impulsive

I'd rather feel high than low

The night life screams my name

If you haven't been there you wouldn't know

An addiction is not easy to tame

I have my way of dealing with things

I won't judge you for how you deal with yours

I love the feeling of having wings

I dislike being washed upon shores

I could stop if I wanted to

I am having too much fun right now

I am in control, I do what I want to do

I think you are trying to change me somehow

I never want to come down, I like it up here

Nothing can compare to this rush

I'm not the puppet, I'm the puppeteer

I'm not just a queen I'm the royal flush

Life is too demanding and painful

My escape is easy and is satisfying

Reality is a misunderstanding and is hateful

I prefer things breezy and appetizing

I may neglect responsibilities

I consider it avoiding stress

Don't underestimate my abilities

It is my choice to transgress

One day I may stay on the ground

One night I may end up on the moon

Comfort is what I finally have found

I cannot part from this feeling too soon

This is dedicated to anybody who has suffered from addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment