Monday, July 8, 2013

Lost and Found

Lost

Heavy burdens fill my soul, solitude is my only comfort

Innocence faded long ago, anguish has taken over

A smile is replaced by a tear, sleep no longer finds me

A tormented mind, a troubled heart, a lack of understanding

Life, it comes and goes

Days are passing by, but time stands still

Who am I? Who was I? Who will I be?

A reflection unrecognized, a person unknown

Change comes in, uninvited

The intruder has come to stay

So many secrets, so much unspoken

The things that I've done have left my heart broken

The sun is in the sky, I think I’ll be fine

Darkness sweeps in, I relive it all again

Love don’t leave me, peace is gone

Pain, regret, confusion, affliction reside

My mind is lost, hope is lost, I am lost

Find me Lord, save me, take it all away

Found

The burdens you carry make a heavy load

You shouldn't attempt to lift them alone

You shine like the moon, innocence beams down

Your beautiful conviction is evidence of a pure heart

Your smile isn’t lost, it’s broken for now

Tears clean your soul, just let them flow

Your mind is encompassed with a destructive past

A lonely heart leaves you misunderstood

How could anyone understand something that cannot be explained?

Secrets, lies, loss, guilt, they dwell within but are not welcomed

You need to let go, you need a release

You’re searching for joy, you’re searching for peace

Don’t stop until it’s found, it’s searching for you

Invite a new change, one you can construe

There is no disloyalty in happiness

You have sacrificed so much already

Your shattered heart will be repaired, restored

I’ll give you mine, the one you healed, the one you sealed

You are impeccable, a consummate hero

Don’t mind your own lies that will tell you otherwise

What you seek will be found, just as my soul found yours

Love will never leave you; the Lord will never forsake you

Reach deep within, find the strength to carry on

After every dark night comes a new dawn

1 comment: