Monday, December 3, 2012

Illusion of Happiness

Lie beside me, relax your mind
Tell me a secret, your soul I'll find

Release your fears, your trust I seek
Explain your reasons, your words I'll keep

Open your heart, the key is mine
Look to the stars, see how they shine

The moon looks down, it sees us two
Now close your eyes, I'll close mine too

Conjure a dream, escape for a while
Create a fantasy, flee to the Nile

Wade in clear water, write on white sand
Explore sacred tunnels, we'll walk hand in hand

Let's escape to paradise, the world is ours
Dancing in the rain, embracing the showers

Walking in a field of tulips and grass
Romancing in Paris, champagne in our glass

Wherever you are, I'm on your side
I'll follow your lead, I'll be your bride

Our destiny fulfilled, sealed with a kiss
All past regrets into abyss

Brighter days lie ahead, it's written in the sky
Trust is discovered, tears are now dry

Tell me your secrets and I'll tell you mine
We are now one, everything will be fine 

Perfection is love, my heart doesn't bleed
You hinder my pain, you water my seed

All I've longed for dwells within you
I am your drug, you're addicted too

I glow with a smile I've never seen before
Every touch I feel from you leaves me wanting more

My worries fade away, from darkness to gray
I see a ray of sunshine breaking through the new day

Love is like a dream, but dreams are not real
As the morning dew wakes us, I'm feeling surreal

A new day has come, the sun begins to rise
Colors in the mist dance across the skies

Perfection interrupted, now we're back in this place
An illusion of happiness disappeared without a trace

11 comments:

  1. Great read, impressive rhyming too. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elijah. This poem never would have been written if you wouldn't have inspired me. So, thanks for that!

      Delete
  2. Your writings soothe, Rainie. Let's tweet this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let's Escape to Paradise"
    very beautiful line.
    I LOVE this poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dela & I LOVE that you LOVE this poem...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so touching,uplifting,captivating and unbelieveable,
    u knw at a time i was going thru a particular line in the poem, i jst 4got myself,jst kept flowing with the rhythm of it. I don't think i've read any beta than this one.
    Thanks rainie,u're such an allround inspirational figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chibuzo, I'm humbled. I appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  6. Speechless to the throat,now i have to remove my coat.....woow rainie,big ups

    ReplyDelete