Sunday, October 14, 2012

Haunted


Tears of pain fall like rain trickling down a window pane
Because of you the skies turn blue, I know that I can smile again

My soul is lost in a state of exhaust I feel my heart overcome by frost
I need to rest upon your chest, the chill subsides when our paths are crossed

Desperate pleas across the seas searching for comfort and a mind at ease
My prayer is heard, you speak a new word, relief consoles me like a cool summer breeze

Ghosts of my past are unsurpassed, memories haunt me then guilt is recast
Persuasion of fear sends me to a prior year, then you save me from the dead hand of the past

My heart lives with scars, my mind behind bars, I'm broken and caged looking up to the stars An angel descends, says I should make amends, I open the lids for all sacred jars

Memories bleed out through my creed, the old law must die, my soul takes heed
Your wisdom and love assist in the dispose of the pain running deep enough to cut my own seed

My past has been haunted, my dreams are daunted, every choice I make is ridiculed and taunted
Hope lives within, a new life will begin, a love deep as yours is all I ever needed or wanted

2 comments: